[Liverpool] Linux Multimedia Studio

oscillik oscillik at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 15:14:07 UTC 2009

Reason is VERY good (i've been using it extensively ever since v1) however
it's not that easy to get TB-303 like sounds out of it. Since Jerome
mentioned that he was looking for something similar to the MC-303, ReBirth
would have the sonic and sequential capability. As someone who used to own a
TB-303 I can attest that the sound of a TB-303 comes from two main sections:
The sound generation section (VCO, VCF, Envelope and Accent) and the
Sequencer. It's a 50/50 split...the TB-303 trademark bouncy "wow" sound
comes from the sequencer as it has slide functions. Then for the typical
acid lines, that's where the sound generation makes it's mark. The TB-303
has an unusual -18 dB filter and very unusual envelope and accent
characteristics.
Anyway, that's a bit off topic!

The good thing is that you can link ReBirth and Reason together, so you can
get the best of both worlds :)