[Liverpool] Call to Arms: FOSSCamp Liverpool?

Dan Lynch biglynchy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 13:07:26 UTC 2009

Sounds like a great idea, I've been talking about trying to organise an open
source event in Liverpool for about a year now. Taking being the operative
word on my part. I'll be happy to help out however I can. Obviously I can
offer promotion and I might be able to pull on some contacts to get a few
bigger names to talk. I think we can do something really good and show case
the North West. I'm pretty sure the guys in Manchester and Chester will be
interested. If we do it on a weekend we could get at least 100 people, maybe
200 or more if I push it on the podcast. :) I was discussing a music and
open source event with Ross from Sound Network, so it might be worth
contacting him about this too.

If you do set up a mailing list or group let me know. The main problem is
when do we do it? With LRL coming up in October and all. It would need to be
discussed. Unfortunately I'm not sure I can make 2moro night's meeting.
That's a pain. I've got EuroPython in Birmingham on Thursday and I'm still
behind from Linux Tag last week.

Let me know what develops, cheers

Dan