[Liverpool] Call to Arms: FOSSCamp Liverpool?

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Tue Jun 30 14:00:05 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 02:07:19PM +0100, Dan Lynch wrote:
> Sounds like a great idea, I've been talking about trying to organise an open
> source event in Liverpool for about a year now. Taking being the operative
> word on my part. I'll be happy to help out however I can. Obviously I can
> offer promotion and I might be able to pull on some contacts to get a few
> bigger names to talk. I think we can do something really good and show case
> the North West. I'm pretty sure the guys in Manchester and Chester will be
> interested. If we do it on a weekend we could get at least 100 people, maybe
> 200 or more if I push it on the podcast. :) I was discussing a music and
> open source event with Ross from Sound Network, so it might be worth
> contacting him about this too.

Yes, I'll be asking around the local groups for input and support, I
know the NW FOSS community is very strong and together we should be able
to pull something together.

Ross did pop into my mind, He mentioned about a Open Source City 2
sometime this year on his twitter account, but i've not seen any more
mention of it, I'll give him a nudge.

> Unfortunately I'm not sure I can make 2moro night's meeting.
> That's a pain. I've got EuroPython in Birmingham on Thursday and I'm still
> behind from Linux Tag last week.

Lucky bugger I wish I was going down to EuroPython, if we miss you
tomorrow, have a good one :)

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/