[Liverpool] Multi-Boot Query

Dan Lynch biglynchy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 20:25:18 UTC 2009

That tone seems a little uncalled for to me sorry. True this is a Linux User
Group mailing list and this is our primary concern but I didn't answer
Scott's query because I didn't have a useful answer for him and that's all,
I thought someone more knowledgeable would chip in. Perhaps I'm wrong but I
didn't find it offensive just because he mentioned Windows, the question was
about GRUB wasn't it? A FOSS boot loader. Perhaps this list isn't the place
to talk about labelling drives C: in Windows I would agree with that but we
could be a little more gracious in our response I think. Berating people
just makes us look bad and doesn't do our cause any good. I'm the last one
to defend Microsoft or anything they have to do with but that's not what I'm
doing here, I'm defending someone who just asked a question. I didn't see
anything unreasonable about it.

Not trying to cause trouble, I would hope we can all get along and help each
other out where appropriate, I thought this was a major part of the function
of a LUG :)

Dan