[Liverpool] Linux & MS (Was: Re: Liverpool Digest, Vol 168,

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Fri Mar 20 12:38:36 UTC 2009

Issue 5)

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 12:24:35PM +0000, Paul Leech wrote:
> That should read "I agree, use Linux and load the inferior operating systems
> USING virtual box, Xen
> or Wine." damn you keyboard.
>
> This would make an interesting discussion at the Next Liverpool LUG.  Could
> we table in a discussion slot about Linux and Microsoft support on the
> Liverpool LUG.  We could then make it clear to new members where we stand to
> save any further embarrasment.  It should produce a good slanging match if
> nothing else.

You're more than welcome to run a Open Stage session at the next
meeting.

Personally, I feel this group is slipping more into a general FOSS group
than pure Linux, i'm sure if someone brought up a discussion about a
*BSD no one would bat a eyelid. I don't think we should chastise people
for not using Linux, the only reason the points were raised was due to the
non-free nature of Windows. I think we should support any use of FOSS no
matter what choice the user makes regarding their OS.

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/
e: andy at tensixtyone.com