[Liverpool] GNU/Linux Netbook workshops in Liverpool

Dan Lynch biglynchy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 16:10:55 UTC 2009

Paintball? That'll break the ice :D Nah I'm messing obviously. This is a
good idea. I'm happy to try and help people out and we have to try and be
approachable, I would like to think as a LUG we are. We welcome new folks
but I think perhaps non technical people are worried or scared it'll be too
techy for them. As if we'll all laugh at them for not knowing something.
Netbook workshops could be a good idea. I'd be up for that.

Where would we do it though? We'd need an accessible venue for people and
maybe we could do it like an alternative version of an installfest. People
bring along their netbook and we help them get to grips with Linux, explain
some of the basics they may be missing in a friendly but not cendescending
way if we can. We'll have to try and strike the right balance.

Just some random thoughts on it, not sure how helpful they are but I thought
I'd chip in :)

Cheers

Dan

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 12:58 PM, Richard Smedley <smedley358 at btinternet.com