[Liverpool] Group Future (Was: Places To Drink)

Dan Lynch biglynchy at gmail.com
Fri May 8 11:30:36 UTC 2009

I would agree with Vladimir on this one. I know we are called a Linux User
Group but in reality at every LUG I've ever been to people don't just talk
about Linux exclusively. There's usually talk about phones and mobile
devices, BSD, Solaris and all kinds of general FLOSS stuff. I've never heard
anyone complain about it. There's plenty of Linux talk too as you'd expect
but it's not a set topic. It's what I would expect at a LUG, perhaps I've
missed the point of the L in LUG all along. I love Linux and I love talking
about it but I don't mind if people want to talk about BSD or anything else.
It seems a little like splitting hairs.

I'd be interested to hear what others think. Maybe I'm out of touch. It
wouldn't be the first time :)

Dan