[Liverpool] Ubuntu On MSI Wind

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Mon Nov 2 15:28:49 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 03:16:19PM +0000, Dan Lynch wrote:
> Does anyone know more about it? I thought I'd ask on the list before the
> meet so we can be prepared and look all impressive, like we know what we're
> talking about. In my case this would be an improvement at least. Anyone have
> any thoughts or experience with putting Ubuntu on these machines?

To further spam the list, I've just did a quick lookup to see what issues
these machines have with Karmic, and at the moment they're killer :(

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hal-info/+bug/415023

Thankfully, the brightness one is sorted, but the lack of suspend to ram
is going to frustrate the user to no end. Some haxie workarounds are described
one the bug reports but its not 1005 sure to work.

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/