[Liverpool] Iceweasel

Vladimir vladimir.jakubovskij at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 17:25:59 UTC 2009

> I have Windows XP Pro on my desktop, along with Crunchbang 9.04.1 (which is
> based upon Ubuntu 9.04) and on my EeePC i have recently ditched Crunchbang
> 9.04.01 in favour of Windows XP mainly because of problems with audio and
> video, but also because Chrome is just more responsive and faster when
> running under Windows than it is as Chromium under a GNU/Linux distro.

i know smth. if google announced that they are releasing chrome os (built
around browser in a way), that will have a linux kernel
running all the programs, it makes me believe that they know what they are
doing.

> I would prefer to have stuck with Crunchbang, as I much prefer to use a
> Linux based system. However the shortcomings have made me turn back to
> Windows....for now.

sorry, no intent to offend or anything like that. shortcomings or laziness
(lack of desire to find what the solutions might be)?

> Until then, I'll be using whatever is the best solution for me, and at the
> moment that is Windows XP.

that's a fair way to say it. if it is better for you, use it. my mom for
example is still absolutely fine with
her old ericsson phone. it may be slow, old and generally a throwaway item
now, but it works better for her.
it doesn't mean *it is* better or that the new phones are sh*t.

> I would highly advise you to install Windows (not in a vm)

what have u been smoking? :)

> and actually try out some of the browser offerings and do some day-to-day
> tasks on there.
>

> Benchmarks are like statistics - always bullshit.

this statement needs some supportive evidence. otherwise it is bullshit
itself.

> That goes for computer gaming benchmarks too

as i understand u mean computer hardware benchmarks?
we were talking about browsers (testing software on identical hardware). so
this is irrelevant.

> (don't even get me started on those!)

we won't ;)