[Liverpool] Iceweasel

oscillik oscillik at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 17:09:45 UTC 2009

Well I can assure you that the difference is *very* noticeable, on both a
high end computer and a "standard" spec EeePC.
I have Windows XP Pro on my desktop, along with Crunchbang 9.04.1 (which is
based upon Ubuntu 9.04) and on my EeePC i have recently ditched Crunchbang
9.04.01 in favour of Windows XP mainly because of problems with audio and
video, but also because Chrome is just more responsive and faster when
running under Windows than it is as Chromium under a GNU/Linux distro.

I would prefer to have stuck with Crunchbang, as I much prefer to use a
Linux based system. However the shortcomings have made me turn back to
Windows....for now. I'll be keeping a keen eye on how it all fares in the
following months, and maybe (hopefully) I can get rid of Windows again.

Until then, I'll be using whatever is the best solution for me, and at the
moment that is Windows XP.

I would highly advise you to install Windows (not in a vm) and actually try
out some of the browser offerings and do some day-to-day tasks on there.
Benchmarks are like statistics - always bullshit. That goes for computer
gaming benchmarks too (don't even get me started on those!)