[Liverpool] Iceweasel

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Sat Sep 5 18:12:18 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 05, 2009 at 07:07:43PM +0100, Vladimir wrote:
> i agree. debian's choice with all the respect to iceweasel was stupid.
> those who use iceweasel could have apt-get installed it easily themselves.

I understand Debian's trademark issues in that only Mozilla Foundation authed
versions can carry the Firefox brand, this is extremely restrictive in terms
of bugfixes which Debian highly prize as one of their winning features.

Debian's reaction is over the top, but Mozilla Foundation's reaction was a
little stupid.

> don't like opera and don't generally use it, but can tell you about
> chrome/chromium.
> in a years time it will be fully featured (not ported) native browser for
> linux. google is working
> on it.

Chromium is a definte competitor for the Linux browser crown. Google did
design it to be portable as possible, but pushed it through for a quick
release due to the MS hype-engine powering up about IE8.

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/