[Liverpool] Iceweasel

Vladimir vladimir.jakubovskij at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 18:07:51 UTC 2009

> ... and that is the problem. Debian has made a silly choice in deciding
> that
> their own hack-line is the default browser of choice, sure you can install
> the Firefox(tm) version, but you still have to go out of your way to do it.

i agree. debian's choice with all the respect to iceweasel was stupid.
those who use iceweasel could have apt-get installed it easily themselves.

> I gather what Simon is trying to get at is default choices, yes you can
> install the latest and greatest on any OS but the default choices of some
> distros are just plain stupid.
>
> You have to admit, the Linux version of the "popular browsers" out there
> are
> almost the black sheep of the family, its well documented that Windows
> Firefox
> performs alot better than Linux. Chromium/Chrome was developed for Windows
> and
> then ported over, same with Opera.

don't like opera and don't generally use it, but can tell you about
chrome/chromium.
in a years time it will be fully featured (not ported) native browser for
linux. google is working
on it.