[Liverpool] Iceweasel

Vladimir vladimir.jakubovskij at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 01:34:18 UTC 2009

2009/9/5 oscillik <oscillik at gmail.com>

> Well it is actually a different browser experience,

what browser experience? yes, ok, FF works better. Opera is the same (don't
use it anyway), MSIE - is out of question.
safari? well, i use it on my mac sometimes but only due to the fact it is
highly integrated into the OS.
Chrome? i like the browser, but as a main use browser it is a bit short of
many functions.
and once again, FF is well tuned for my needs on my desktop (gentoo), so it
is dead fast and stable.
"browser experience" on windows is overshadowed by general ugliness and
unusability of windows.
"browser experience" on unix systems in my view and for my needs is superior
to the other OS by a margin.
paying microsoft is heresy!

> but since you refuse to test it out for yourself and blindly follow what
> someone else on "teh intarnents" says,

i don't follow anything blindly. i see what the software i am running does
for me with my own eyes. it is fully, 120% up
to the tasks.

experience is a wonderful thing.

not all the time. a good example that i always put forward is this:
i have never had an anal sex with the other man. and i don't plan to. and
guess what? i don't need this experience to say absolutely confidently, that
this is disgusting anyway.

p.s. in russian user groups or forum boards, etc - suggesting even a
slightest hint about windows' "betterness" is usually followed by a ban :)