[Liverpool] Bestbuy's Linux training

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Tue Sep 8 09:50:51 UTC 2009

Not sure if anyone has seen this already or not, but I think its a
interesting nugget.

Best Buy looks like they're training staff on Microsoft Windows and
their related products, as part of the deal the staff get access to
cheapo copies of Windows. One guy who is a Linux user decides to do the
training and is a little dismayed at what it says. Well, you can read
the rest for yourselves.

http://www.overclock.net/windows/569458-microsoft-attack-linux-retail-level-probably.html

When Microsoft are spreading the FUD at retail level, how can Linux
defend itself? Jo public is looking at the "experts" at retail stores to
direct their purchases, we've already seen this happen with the fight
over Linux vs. Windows netbooks.

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/