[Liverpool] New Netbook/Laptop suggestions

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 10 11:23:32 UTC 2009

Andrew Williams wrote:
> My EeePC 701 is showing its age now, its rather slow and sluggish and no
> matter how much I try to warrant it, the keyboard and screen are too
> small for regular use. I've come to realise this when I got a laptop
> from work and spend more time using that than my EeePC.
>
> I'm in the market for a new (cheap) laptop, something in the 10-12"
> range and for a reasonable price. I've been eyeing up Dell Mini 10s on
> the Dell Outlet store. Does anyone have any experiences of these
> machines? Or do you know another good little laptops/netbooks?

I've always used smallish laptops - currently IBM ThinkPad x41,
but before that 12in iBook G4, IBM 560, 570, & 701. If you're
looking in the second hand market then any of these (if powerful
enough) are great laptops :-)

Of the netbooks, I have little extended experience, but the
AspireOne is a nice form-factor, and the new Vaio P expensive
but tempting (now it's working well-ish with GNU/Linux).

btw I might be interested in buying the EeePC off you, if
you're interested?

  - Richard