[Liverpool] OggCamp 10 - 1st/2nd May 2010

Dan Lynch biglynchy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 13:06:54 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 9:48 AM, Lucy <lucybridges at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2010/1/12 Andrew Williams <andy at tensixtyone.com>:
> > I'll jump the gun here a little bit, a small amount of details are
> available
> > but the the word is spreading like wildfire.

It's already announced so there's no worries about jumping the gun. Yes I've
brought OggCamp home to Liverpool. Que the "scouser nicked it" jokes. It's
gonna be great. May Bank Holiday weekend 1st-2nd, and don't forget the
Rathole Radio Free Culture gig at Bad Format on Friday April 30th to open
the weekend. I'll be playing alongside David Rovics, Attila The Stockbroker
and other special guests yet to be announced. It'll be a bit eclectic like
the show itself but a good night for all I hope.

The venue for the main event is The Black-E in town. If you don't know it's
right next to the Chinese Gate in Chinatown. The building has a historic
dome and it's incredible inside, holds about 300+ people in the main space.
We're taking over the whole building for 2 days so the event will need major
promotion, it'll be on the scale of LRL08 for those who know that. It's
gonna cost a lot to put this event on but I'm hoping we can raise it from
sponsors, donations and merchandising and keep entrance free. I want LivLUG
to have a strong presence there. It's only round the corner from our usual
meeting space at LSC. I'll be getting them involved as well with a book
stall and other things perhaps. So much to plan and do yet but it's gonna be
a weekend of Free Culture, Free Software and fun like you've never seen
before. Let's put Liverpool firmly on the Free Software map!

Had so much on lately I didn't get chance to post this announcement to the
list. I want a sign with "LivLUG and prosper" somewhere in the venue. If
anyone knows Mandarin that would also be appreciated. I want to mimic the
road signs around Chinatown with both languages on them, I think that could
look really cool. What's Chinese for LivLUG anyway? :D

I'll bore you all with talk of this at the next LUG meet, so you've been
warned. Get this weekend booked in those diaries as Andrew said. Keep an eye
on http://oggcamp.org for more announcements and follow us on
Twitter/Identi.ca the name's @oggcamp

See ya soon,