[Liverpool] BookCrossing

Bob Ham rah at bash.sh
Wed Mar 24 10:46:07 UTC 2010

I don't understand BookCrossing.  I looked in the FAQ for a question
along the lines of "what is the point of this?" but I couldn't find
anything.  I'm wondering if anyone can explain it to me?

This is my usual method of getting the light bounced off of the ink on
the pages of a published work to enter my eyes:

1. I look up a full reference for the work.
2. I buy it.
3. I read it.

Is there any chance anyone could explain a method of getting the light
bounced off of the ink on the pages of a published work to enter their
eyes, that includes BookCrossing?

Bob