[Liverpool] Meetings, announcements, social centre, etc.

Bob Ham rah at bash.sh
Wed Apr 27 09:55:41 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I just wanted to send an email about next week's meeting.  Could someone
else make the announcements, etc?  I'd like to relinquish responsibility
this month for two reasons, (1) I've got my masters thesis to write, and
(2) I think it's good if we aren't beholden to one particular person for
announcements, organisation, etc.  The lists I send to are as follows:

1. This one

2. The Liverpool Social Centre announcement list
   https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/liverpoolsfannounce

3. Manchester Free-Software
   https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/fsuk-manchester

During the meeting at the beginning of this month, Adrian mentioned
another local list for geek events in the North-West but I forget what
it was?  For that matter, does anybody else have any suggestions for
where meeting announcements could be made?

And on the subject of the announcement, is anyone intending to give a
talk next week, that can be announced? :-)

If you guys choose not to meet at the social centre I feel it is
imperative that someone let Maria <nfnmaria at riseup.net> know so that a
key-holder from the social centre doesn't have to come down and open the
basement needlessly.  I know this has happened in the past and I feel
really guilty about it so I'd like to ensure we don't let them down
again :-)

Unfortunately I won't be there next week due to the aforementioned
thesis but I hope you have a good meeting :-)

Bob

PS, If whoever makes the announcement copies my email from last month,
please make sure to check the footnotes (I forgot to ;-)

--
Bob Ham <rah at bash.sh>

for (;;) { ++pancakes; }