[Liverpool] Administrivia

Bob Ham rah at bash.sh
Sat Jul 2 16:19:15 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I've been Doing Things :-)  I attended the monthly meeting of the
Liverpool Social Centre and I'll send a separate email about that.  I've
also taken the liberty of stepping up as our contact with lug.org.uk,
taking over from Andrew Williams.  Here you can see the information they
hold about us:

  http://lug.org.uk/node/82

I've also asked them to set us up with a website of our own using their
servers:

  http://liv.lug.org.uk/

(I know Simon set one up before, but that had the problem of depending
on one particular person.  After the disappearance of the website that
Andrew Williams set up, I thought it prudent to use a service that
doesn't depend on the commitment of any particular member.  Of course,
if people disagree, we can just as easily use Simon's :-)

For the moment, the above link just points to a wiki.  Anyone can edit
that.  We also have the facility to use static HTML/CSS/JS files as well
(not PHP though unfortunately).  I'm not much of a web designer but if
someone else wants to put together a more aesthetic page using static
HTML, feel free :-)

I'd like to say something about how I see my position as I wouldn't want
anyone to get confused.  I've never been comfortable with a designated
leader in a LUG.  As I see it, the LUG is all of the members and making
decisions with a group consensus is simple and practical enough.

I have taken on the responsibility of liaising with lug.org.uk and with
the Liverpool Social Centre.  However, I specifically am *not* claiming
any title of "leader" or the like.  In fact, I would very much prefer as
much redundancy as possible and for responsibility to be shared as wide
as possible :-)

Bob

--
Bob Ham <rah at bash.sh>