[Liverpool] Administrivia

Neil Bothwick neil at stfw.net
Mon Jul 4 13:19:43 UTC 2011

On Sun, 3 Jul 2011 01:16:41 +0100, Andrew Bates wrote:

> I was gonna mention how, with the advent of the whole Web 2.0 thing,
> that a lot of people view email (and mailing lists) as rather archaic.
> It's all well and dandy for us techies, but someone that is new to this
> kind of thing are most likely to feel more at ease checking out a
> Twitter page

Not only that, but mailing lists can generate too much traffic from some
people. We could set up a separate announce-only list, but it's just as
easy to set up a Twitter account for that, which can then be linked to
an RSS feed.

--
Neil Bothwick

If at first you don't succeed, give up. No use being a damn fool.