[Liverpool] Android on a netbook

Sebastian Arcus shop at open-t.co.uk
Mon Jul 11 22:23:32 UTC 2011

On 11/07/11 21:12, Bob Ham wrote:
>> Sebastian Arcus
>> I know this has been brought up before. I've tried Android yesterday on
> an Acer Aspire One (comes with dual boot option from factory). I was
> less then impressed. Most operations were actually slower then in
> BloatOS(tm) 7
>
> How were they compared to GNU/Linux?

I would have to assume the Linux would have been faster then both of
them. I didn't get the chance to try Linux on it - as it wasn't my
netbook - and I was actually there to solve other problems. So I just
took the opportunity to briefly boot into Android to get an idea of how
it works on a netbook.

I've got Slackware installed on my MSI netbook with an Atom N450 (the
Acer Aspire One was actually N550) - running on Fluxbox - and it is
quite snappy. At least as snappy as an Atom can be.

Sebastian