[Liverpool] ZTE Racer

Andrew Bates oscillik at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 07:14:10 UTC 2011

Just chiming in on this - my sister got 2 of these phones over the weekend,
one for my mother and one for my brother, and these phones are actually
really great considering the price.

Was really easy to SIM unlock, root, and install a tailored Cyanogenmod on
there

http://android.modaco.com/topic/340596-android-234-mooncake-v1113/

The phone's performance is actually quite snappy for such a cheap phone, and
if you get rid of the standard ROM that it comes with, it's really very
capable. Of course there's no multitouch due to it being a resistive
touchscreen, and it's not going to be blazing any trails with gaming. But as
a smartphone that does 'smart' things, it's just fine.

Thanks very much for the recommendation on this Sebastian, now my entire
family are using Android. Although, I kinda dread the tech support that I'll
be obliged to provide now!

- Andrew