[Liverpool] Maemo - back from the ashes?

Sebastian Arcus shop at open-t.co.uk
Wed Jun 22 22:09:12 UTC 2011

And for all those who hoped that Maemo won't disappear forever in
between merging with Moblin and Nokia going all Microsoft, Nokia has
officially announced the N9 - the first official Meego handset. Looking
at it, I quite like it.

It is currently probably the closest to a true Linux smartphone one can
buy from a big name (that excludes OpenMoko I'm afraid) - though by what
I read, WebOS is a pretty close runner as well in terms of openness.

I really hope it does well, in spite of everything that is going on
inside Nokia and in the world mobile devices at the moment.

Sebastian