[Liverpool] Maemo - back from the ashes?

Bob Ham rah at bash.sh
Fri Jun 24 03:14:25 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-23 at 02:14 +0100, Andrew Bates wrote:

> be prepared for maybe 6 months of support from Nokia

Having been looking at the market for a phone recently, my criteria for
a desirable phone is: does it run a Linux distribution?  With, of
course, a preference for hardware that doesn't require proprietary
software to use it.  I find myself scouring ebay for models in this
list:

  http://shr-project.org/trac/wiki/Devices

If/when I find myself with the budget of an employed person, I'll be
looking at a Palm Pre 2.  Not to use it as a webOS device of course,
just as some hardware onto which SHR can be installed.

The software provided by phone manufacturers now interests me just as
much as the software provided by computer manufacturers.  Which is to
say, it doesn't interest me at all :-)

Bob

--
Bob Ham <rah at bash.sh>