[Liverpool] Meego - on non-mobile devices

Dan Lynch biglynchy at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 14:50:29 UTC 2011

I did actually lol at "Registry Endowed (TM) OS" :D

I had Meego running on a Lenovo netbook for review on Linux Outlaws. I think
they have a lot of work to do on it as a proper alternative to Ubuntu and
all the other distros you could choose on a netbook. It was missing loads of
stuff. This was quite recently, 2 - 3 months ago. Though I think an update
may have come in since, I doubt it will have fixed all the problems I saw.
It's got some way to go in my opinion. As a netbook OS anyway.

I ended up moving to Ubuntu instead and found it better for me.

Dan