[Liverpool] Cisco Phones and other stuff.

Liam Craddock craddster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 08:21:44 UTC 2011

Good Morning all,

I'm having a bit of a clear out and wondered if any of you guys would
like some stuff.

When I was active in the Coventry LUG one of the users very kindly gave
me three Cisco 7940 IP Phones for me to play with on my Asterisk server.
I don't have the time time to get into sip stuff these days but I would
imagine someone in the LUG would. They are PoE so have no power supplies
although you could buy/make one. I think i have details somewhere of how
the firmware can be flashed via tftp to get them playing nice with
asterisk. They are here for whomever would like them for free, on the
understanding that they don't end up on ebay.

I have a small(thin-client sized) computer i acquired, 20GBHD, 256MB
mem, no fans so quiet, was running WinXP fine when i got it. Most
interestingly it has 3 onboard NICs. I was planning on installing ipcop
or monowall but never found the time. Again, free to a good open source
home.

I also have about 200m of fresh Cat5e cable which I don't have the space
for, please take it off my hands.

More active members of the LUG get preference.

- Liam -