[Liverpool] Fwd: Liverpool DoES Startups in May

Adrian McEwen adrian at mcqn.net
Mon Apr 9 21:24:06 UTC 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Liverpool DoES Startups in May
Date: 	Mon, 9 Apr 2012 20:25:58 +0100
From: 	Francis Fish <francis.fish at gmail.com>
To: 	geekup at googlegroups.com, nwrug-members at googlegroups.com,
xp-manchester at googlegroups.com, bootstrap-club at googlegroups.com

Hi Guys

Sorry for the X post, but I want this to go as wide as possible.

I'm one of the organisers of Liverpool DoES Startups
http://livdoesstartups.eventbrite.co.uk/ - which will be held at DoES
in Liverpool on 18-20th May.

I'm tracking down mentors for the event at the moment, but what I'm
really looking for is people who want to participate and build up the
number of people in the area that understand things like the Lean
Canvas and how to put a simple pitch and business plan together.

The website is liverpool.startupbunker.co.uk - I want to get together
with people from Manchester/Sheffield/Leeds/Stoke/Chester etc. etc.
and try to organise one of these events every quarter somewhere "Up
North", so if you are interested in running your own it'd be good to
come along and get an idea for what it entails. Then I'll give you own
startup bunker subdomain and email address so you can go hog wild with
it.

I went to the Startup Weekend organised as part of the Global
Entrepreneurship Congress in Liverpool and it was great, but not quite
enough people, and not enough Northerners!

As always, offers of sponsorship (and I mean money not tokens) and any
kind of practical help will be welcome.

I know that Ian is thinking of organising one of these in Manchester
and has already started a doodle as to the possible date
http://t.co/fFhvYFRZ

Find us on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/#!/LivDoESStartups

Find us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/LiverpoolDoESStartups

DoES is a maker space and we may well have some mentors who are makers
- so any kind of wacky thing you can come up with can probably be
accommodated.

Again, sorry for the X post but thanks for reading,

Francis

Comfort the frightened, coach the clueless and teach the uninformed. Seth Godin