[Liverpool] Appeal for information about an old Liverpool LUG

Bob Ham rah at bash.sh
Fri Apr 13 22:14:13 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I would like to appeal for any information that people might have about
an old LUG in Liverpool, that existed before October 2004.

I've been compiling historical information about our current Liverpool
LUG¹.  I think it's important to do this kind of historical record
keeping (I'm a genealogist as well as a Linux geek :-)  So far, it's
been pretty easy because the lug.org.uk mailing list archive goes back
to the start, in October 2004².  However, I've learned that there was a
LUG in Liverpool prior to this date and that our current LUG was in fact
a restart³.

I've searched both the web and archive.org extensively for anything I
can find on this old LUG but alas, have found nothing.  I'm in the
process of pursuing the leads I have.  However, I'm wondering if there
is anybody here who has any information whatsoever about this old
Liverpool LUG?  Does anybody remember it being mentioned?  Did anybody
see any mailing list posts about it, possibly even to this list?  Was
anybody involved in running it?  Did anybody go to any meetings?
Perhaps someone who has moved away from the Liverpool area had some
connection?

Any information at all would be much appreciated as presently I have
only two pieces: that a previous LUG existed and that it existed before
October 2004.  Anything more than this would be a boon :-)

Thanks,

Bob Ham

¹ http://liv.lug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=past_meetings
² http://mailman.lug.org.uk/pipermail/liverpool/