[Liverpool] Appeal for information about an old Liverpool LUG

Paul Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Fri Apr 13 22:21:24 UTC 2012

Hi,

> I would like to appeal for any information that people might have about
> an old LUG in Liverpool, that existed before October 2004.
>
> I've been compiling historical information about our current Liverpool
> LUG¹.  I think it's important to do this kind of historical record
> keeping (I'm a genealogist as well as a Linux geek :-)  So far, it's
> been pretty easy because the lug.org.uk mailing list archive goes back
> to the start, in October 2004².  However, I've learned that there was a
> LUG in Liverpool prior to this date and that our current LUG was in fact
> a restart³.

I remember helping start one up at the Bluefountain offices (I think it
was) in the early - mid 2005 as well as running the WISHLUG (Wigan and
St Helens LUG) in 2004 I think it was (that was disbanded due to a
number of big problems like having a venue that wasn't a pub when the
local college closed over the summer hols).

Happy to provide any assistance if these are of interest...

Paul