[Liverpool] Appeal for information about an old Liverpool LUG

Bob Ham rah at bash.sh
Fri Apr 13 22:39:40 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-04-13 at 23:21 +0100, Paul Johnson wrote:

> > I've been compiling historical information about our current Liverpool
> > LUG¹.

> I remember helping start one up at the Bluefountain offices (I think it
> was) in the early - mid 2005 as well as running the WISHLUG (Wigan and
> St Helens LUG) in 2004 I think it was (that was disbanded due to a
> number of big problems like having a venue that wasn't a pub when the
> local college closed over the summer hols).
>
> Happy to provide any assistance if these are of interest...

Hi Paul,

Well seeing as you mention it, I do actually need some assistance with
information on the Blue Fountain based LUG :-)  I've extracted all of
the Blue Fountain meetings that I could find in the mailing list
archives and put them on a list of past meetings here:

  http://liv.lug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=past_meetings

However, I have next to no information about which drinking holes were
visited after those meetings.  If you happen to recall, or can work out
which pub you guys went to after any particular meeting, that would be
wonderful.

Thanks :-)

Bob

--