[Liverpool] How LibreOffice Writer Tops MS Word

Stephen Watkin ste at enzy.me.uk
Thu Apr 19 20:39:24 UTC 2012

Depending on the exact flavour of corruption (and if it's a native open
document file), you might be able to open the file in your favourite zip
file manager and extract the contents that way. ODF files are just a
bunch of zipped-up XML files after all. I just tried it on Ubuntu 11.10
- rename the file and stick '.zip' on the end, open it in 'Archive
Manager' and see if you can open the 'contents.xml' file in a text editor.

Ste