[Liverpool] How LibreOffice Writer Tops MS Word

Bob Ham rah at bash.sh
Thu Apr 19 20:40:08 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 21:32 +0100, Daniel Hartley wrote:
> It's interesting you just send this out. I would generally completely
> agree; however half an hour ago a document I've been working on for
> months became corrupted using LibreOffice and I'm now spending the night
> trying to salvage it from elsewhere......

I'm sorry to hear that.  However, I don't think that's a problem which
is specific to LibreOffice.  Indeed, the article explicitly mentions
that the author has common problems with Microsoft Word crashing whereas
LibreOffice Writer remains stable.

> Alas, the tribulations of an unknowledgeable Linux user unable to
> configure a properly working system...

If you need help configuring your system, we can help :-)  Though I
would be surprised if a LibreOffice crash was due to misconfiguration.
Is there something else that isn't working?

--
Bob Ham <rah at bash.sh>
Diaspora: rah at pod.settrans.net

for (;;) { ++pancakes; }