[Liverpool] How LibreOffice Writer Tops MS Word

Stephen Watkin ste at enzy.me.uk
Thu Apr 19 21:51:18 UTC 2012

Yeah, as Bob just said, it looks like it's not the contents of the zip
that have been corrupted, but the zip file itself - hence why Archive
Manager won't open it.

Aparently, the 'zip' tool can have a stab at recovering what it can and
writing it into a fresh zip file:

zip -FF indie\ post\ corruption.odt --out rezipped.zip

Then if you extract the resulting 'rezipped.zip' file, it gets as far as
a JPEG image, then gives up. The image data in the JPEG file only looks
to be about 3/4 present, so I'd guess the zip file was truncated when it
was being saved.

That's about as far as I got, anyway.

Ste

It looks as though it's been truncated