[Liverpool] Diaspora

Simon Johnson simon.johnson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 19:23:51 UTC 2012

> Fortunately, there's an alternative project called Libertree.  It's an
offshoot produced by people who are tired of Diaspora Inc. and actually
know how to write software:

For me, geeks already solved this problem in the late 90s. Have a
website and an atom feed.

You can even have a separate feed for your micro-blogging, pictures, etc.

Comments/friends lists can be handled safely using OpenID to authenticate.

All these services provide are bells and whistles on top of this core
functionality. If you really value freedom over those whistles, just
keep it on truly open protocols.