[Liverpool] SME Server

Adrian McEwen adrian at mcqn.net
Fri Jun 8 11:42:58 UTC 2012

During the talk on Wednesday I mentioned the e-smith distro, which I've
been running at home for years now.  Although it was called e-smith when
I started using it, it's now known as SME Server.  It's aimed at small
businesses, but provides a lot of the same sorts of services that
FreedomBox is targetting - email, web, etc. with configuration done
mostly through a web interface.

It doesn't have the same small size and power targets as the FreedomBox
does, but there seems to be enough overlap that there might be scope for
them to share code - particularly on the "easy for non-geeks to
configure" angle.

Anyway, I said I'd share a link to it - visit <http://wiki.contribs.org>
to find out more about it.

Cheers,