[Liverpool] Media Server/Ampache

Daniel Hartley D.R.T.Hartley at liverpool.ac.uk
Sun Jun 10 14:12:41 UTC 2012

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply. I'd seen mediatomb about but it seemed to me a lot
of users pointed to Ampache. Ampache does look very good and very
extensible. If I knew anything about servers I might be able to get it
to work- you will probably get a lot more from it than I have so far.

Meanwhile, I will get tinkering with Mediatomb. Thanks for the re-heads up.

Seems to me my need for a media server able to serve/stream my music to
me anywhere is a really current issue and desire computer users have.
It's basically a personal spotify, etc., So it would be great to have a
more 'autonomous' way of doing it. It's all just so I can stream music
from my laptop when I walk into town at lunchtime each day.

Regards,

Daniel

dhartley.net
allthingsflow.org