[Liverpool] Fwd: [DoES Liverpool] The First Maker Day - Saturday 10th March 2012

Adrian McEwen adrian at mcqn.net
Mon Mar 5 15:11:21 UTC 2012

More Making!

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[DoES Liverpool] The First Maker Day - Saturday 10th March 2012
Date: 	Mon, 05 Mar 2012 11:22:30 +0000
From: 	Adrian McEwen <adrian at mcqn.net>
To: 	does-liverpool at googlegroups.com

What could be more awesome than Maker Nights - those evenings of
learning about and doing things with Arduino, electronics, laser-cutting
and 3D printing?

That's right, something that gave us more time to learn about and do
things with Arduino, electronics, laser-cutting and 3D printing!  (Of
course, if you got "Workshop Membership" at DoES, you'd have as much
time as you wanted for tinkering, but anyway...)

There's a limit to how much tinkering we can get done in an evening, so
from Saturday we're going to be running a monthly Maker Day in addition
to the existing Maker Nights.

     When: 10am - 5pm, Saturday 10th March 2012
     Where: DoES Liverpool, 4th Floor, Gostins Building, Hanover St,
Liverpool.  L1 4LN

You don't have to come for the full day, but we're more than happy if
you do.  Bring the project you want to work on, your laptop if you've
got one, or just yourself.

There's also been talk of having a miniMakers session for people who
want to do some tinkering with their kids (I think that's introducing
their kids to electronics, etc. rather than any genetic engineering or
bio-hacking - think we'd need to check with the Co-op if it meets our
bank account's ethical policy before we can allow human testing... ;-)
Check out the miniMakers thread if you want to get involved in that [1]

Cheers,

Adrian.

[1]
<http://groups.google.com/group/does-liverpool/browse_thread/thread/55470c4405dcadc2?hl=en>