[Liverpool] Atom Cedar Trail Linux compatibility

David Hughes dghughes82 at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 15 17:03:47 UTC 2012

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for that, very interesting. Is this related to the Clover Trail
chip which Intel said wouldn't work with Linux (but confusingly, which
they're apparently now saying will work with Linux:
http://www.zdnet.com/intels-new-clover-trail-chip-will-support-android-and-linux-7000004451/
)

I've always been under the impression that it's sensible to wait until a
particular bit of hardware has been around for a while before expecting
it to be supported by the kernel; although given that Intel are heavily
involved with kernel development these days (they contributed some 6.2%
of new code to the kernel in 2011) I suppose this isn't as important as
it once was.

(It's kind of academic for me - I can't afford a top of the range laptop
anyway at the moment!)

Cheers,

David