[Liverpool] Possible topic for future talk

Sebastian Arcus shop at open-t.co.uk
Wed Oct 24 11:14:19 UTC 2012

I know I'm going to regret this when I'll realise later on what I've
done, but here it goes :-)

I'm in the process (read: struggling, cursing and pulling hair out) of
installing Linux on a new machine which only supports UEFI (the
replacement for BIOS) and GPT (the replacement for MBR). Now maybe
others using more sleek distro's than me ;-) will have a bit less of a
hassle - but it occurred to me that a talk on some of the workings of
UEFI, GPT and how it might affect installing Linux could be an
interesting topic for those who haven't dealt with this hurdle yet. Any
takers?

Now quick, press the send button before I realise what I'm getting
myself into and change my mind :-)

Sebastian

--
Linux vehicle CCTV - www.open-t.co.uk/iroko