[Liverpool] Speaker For Next Meeting

Dan Lynch dan at danlynch.org
Tue Mar 26 15:34:02 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

Our next meeting should be a week tomorrow (April 3rd), just after Easter.
It occurs to me that we don't have a talk lined up at the moment. Is there
anything anyone in the group would like to give a talk on? Any brave
volunteers? If not then perhaps we should make it a social meet.
Suggestions for speakers or topics you'd like to see in future are always
welcome. Stick them in an email reply.

On a side note, the Open Rights Group are having their first conference
outside London next month. It's called ORGCon
North<http://www.openrightsgroup.org/events/2013/org-con-north>and
they have John Buckman of EFF speaking. Lots of other interesting
people there too. It's in Manchester on Saturday April 13th and tickets are
£6 to ORG members (like myself) or £11 to non-members. You get a free
ticket if you sign up to join ORG and I encourage you to have a look at it.
They lobby parliament on digital rights issues such as new Internet
regulation, libel laws, censorship and much more.

I'll be going over to Manchester for the event. It looks fun.

Now let us know your speaker requests, go on, you know you want to :)

Thanks,