[Liverpool] November Meeting - 12th November 2014

Neil Bothwick neil at stfw.net
Tue Nov 11 22:52:18 UTC 2014

Yes, it's another very tardy announcement. Even with the meeting being
pushed back a week, we still can't announce it in good time.

This month's meeting will take place on November 12th at the usual venue,
the Liverpool Social Centre (details below).

Sebastian Arcus will be talking about OpenWrt (https://openwrt.org/), a
Linux distribution for routers and embedded devices. It will be run in
the form of a workshop, so if you have a compatible device lying around -
you can find a list of supported devices at
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/start - bring it along and see what it can do.

We will start at around 7:30pm and later adjourn to one of our preferred
watering holes, probably the Shipping Forecast on Slater
Street, to continue the discussions before veering well off-topic.

The Liverpool Social Centre is located in the basement next to the
News From Nowhere book shop on Bold St in the Centre of town. There is
a door to the right of the shop entrance with a number of buzzers. You
need the one marked basement. If there are any problems email the list
as many of us will pick up the message right away on our phones and be
able to help.

There is a map and directions on the Liverpool LUG web site at
http://www.livlug.org.uk/meetings/

and on the LSC website at
http://www.liverpoolsocialcentre.org/index.php/contact-us-find-us

--