[Liverpool] RaspPi talk

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Thu Mar 5 08:24:18 UTC 2015

I found the talk last night really interesting. I didn't catch all of it
- I wonder if anybody raised the issue that the first generation of Pi
has the ethernet on the USB bus - which I guess would add a lot of CPU
overhead in processing network traffic (interrupts etc.) I know there
was a lot of moaning on the forums that the particular arrangement above
leads to really poor network performance. I'm not really sure what's the
situation with the second generation Pi in that respect.

Sorry I couldn't stay until the end. It was good seeing you all though -
from the back :-)