[Liverpool] Pre-Christmas Meeting - Weds Dec 6th @ 7pm

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Thu Dec 7 18:50:47 UTC 2017

On 07/12/17 14:10, Dan Lynch via Liverpool wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who made it along last night. Despite the slew of
> football fans we managed to stake our claim on a few tables and it was
> good fun. Excellent table rustling :D
>
> I know a few people couldn't make it but I just wanted to say a Merry
> Christmas to one and all. Thanks for being part of LivLUG in 2017.
>
> Now, speaking for 2018, we will be moving our first meeting back a week
> to January 10th. The 3rd was a bit too close to New Year I thought. If
> anyone can think of something they'd like to tell us about or just demo
> to the group, even a request for a talk on a certain subject or
> discussion topic that would be brilliant. I'll try to think of a talk
> myself as well.
>
> There's only really about 10 talk slots per year with holidays and all,
> so I'll do my best to fill each one in 2018. Maybe some more guest
> speaker. Fingers crossed.
>
> Have a good holiday season :)

Thank you Dan! A cheery and relaxing holiday season to you all as well!

Sorry for being slightly *cough* late last night - but it was still good
to catch up with those who braved the blizzards :-)

I've spent the last few days toiling, sweating and spilling blood over
configuring a few incoming SMTP servers for the first time ever. If
there is some interest in the group, I could give a little talk on it
sometime - to complement my talk on outgoing SMTP from a while ago.
However, I'm afraid there isn't as much to talk about as the
presentation on outgoing SMTP.