[Liverpool] Saving sms messages from an Android phone

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Mon Jun 11 08:05:22 UTC 2018

On 08/06/18 14:01, Neil Bothwick via Liverpool wrote:
> On 8 June 2018 13:47:10 BST, Will Noakes via Liverpool
> <liverpool at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:
>
>     I used to use smsbackup+
>
>     http://github.com/jberkel/sms-backup-plus/#readme
>
>     backup messages and call logging to gmail and other imap accounts
>
>     Cheers
>
>     Will
>
>     On 8 June 2018 13:38:52 BST, Mark Catterall via Liverpool
>     <liverpool at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:
>
>         One way maybe to do a screen shot/shots of the conversation.
>         Then paste in a document. There may be a more straightforward
>         way. I'd be interested if people know of one.
>
>         On Fri, 8 Jun 2018, 12:40 Sebastian Arcus via Liverpool,
>         <liverpool at mailman.lug.org.uk
>         <mailto:liverpool at mailman.lug.org.uk>> wrote:
>
>             For those people using Android phones here, has anybody had any
>             experience saving sms messages off the phone? I have a
>             client who needs
>             to print a good(ish) number of historic sms messages
>             belonging to one
>             conversation - so I assume the first step would be to
>             transfer them to a
>             pc. I've searched online, but the first several pages of
>             results seem to
>             be hijacked by makers of various software which can (or
>             claim to) do the
>             job - so can't seem to find some non-manufacturer generated
>             advice - so
>             to speak. Anybody any personal experience with this, please?
>
>             --
>

> SMS Backup+ works for me too. Sends everything to a separate folder on
> my Gmail account.

SMS Backup+ looks good. Unfortunately the client was asking for
something to use themselves - and this particular client wouldn't have
the skills to deal with IMAP settings etc. I was wondering if there is
some Windows (sorry :) software which could transfer the sms messages to
a PC, to be printed from there. Alternatively I guess I will have to go
there myself and set up SMS Backup+.

Thank you again for the suggestions!