[Liverpool] Saving sms messages from an Android phone

Neil Bothwick neil at stfw.net
Mon Jun 11 08:51:26 UTC 2018

On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 09:05:18 +0100, Sebastian Arcus via Liverpool wrote:

> SMS Backup+ looks good. Unfortunately the client was asking for
> something to use themselves - and this particular client wouldn't have
> the skills to deal with IMAP settings etc. I was wondering if there is
> some Windows (sorry :) software which could transfer the sms messages
> to a PC, to be printed from there. Alternatively I guess I will have to
> go there myself and set up SMS Backup+.

The settings are pretty much default except for address and password.
There is also SMS Backup (no +) that backs up to an XML file on the cloud
server. It is really intended for backup and restore but you should be
able to knock up a script to extract and print conversations.

--
Neil Bothwick

"Ubuntu" is an ancient African word, meaning "I can't configure
Slackware".