[Liverpool] Alternative browser suggestions

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Tue Mar 27 08:16:02 UTC 2018

Hello all!

I hope we are all well. I realise this could be a slightly contentious
issue, and might just start the next holy war - so please try and keep
the replies nice and steady! (if there will be any replies, that is) :-)

I am getting a little bit fed-up with Firefox being a bit of a pig at
devouring memory - and I was thinking of trying some other browser. I'm
not after anything particularly radical - just something a bit slimmer,
but still with a pretty complete modern feature set, to support whatever
the web throws at us these days. I only use 2-3 add-ons in Firefox, and
I think I can live without them - so add-on support is not particularly
important.

I thought the task would be easy - with maybe 2-3 choices out there on
Linux - but to my surprise, even the Slackware repo's list over a dozen
alternatives (and that is saying something!) :-)

Ideally I'd like something with a significant enough community - which
will hopefully mean it will be around a while.