[Liverpool] Alternative browser suggestions

Samir Benmendil me at rmz.io
Tue Mar 27 08:42:25 UTC 2018

On Mar 27, 2018 at 9:15, Sebastian Arcus via Liverpool wrote:
> I'm not after anything particularly radical

Well... Here's one anyway... qutebrowser
https://qutebrowser.org/

The biggest feature it has is that it can be completely driven with the
keyboard using a vim-like modal interface. It still accepts mouse input,
so you're not completely lost on first try ;)

However...
> I am getting a little bit fed-up with Firefox being a bit of a pig at
> devouring memory

qutebrowser can be a bit heavy on the memory too, especially with large
amount of open tabs (I regularly reach 50+ tabs). But this should be
alleviated when https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/67 is
addressed.

> Ideally I'd like something with a significant enough community - which
> will hopefully mean it will be around a while.

It's been my main browser for quite some time. Large community behind it
and lots of development going on.