[Liverpool] Alternative browser suggestions

Stephen Watkin ste at enzy.me.uk
Tue Mar 27 08:43:42 UTC 2018

Hi Seb,

That's an interesting one. I've not had much of a problem with memory
consumption myself but I do have a few other problems with Firefox and
Chrome and it'd be nice to explore the current landscape.

I always find when I'm looking for alternatives that I last about 5
minutes with whatever new software before I come across a missing
feature that I didn't even know I used on whatever it is I'm looking to
replace. I think for me, getting a decent-sized checklist of feature
requirements would be a bit of a job in itself.

I had a job a while ago that required a locked-down 'kiosk'-type browser
with a couple of odd requirements (i.e., touch scrolling before touch
scrolling was a thing that had trickled down into the 'stable' distros)
and I think the furthest I got was with 'Midori' which struck me as
quite a well-rounded product - although there's almost certainly going
to be at least one show-stopper requirement that rules that out for you.

Let us know how you get on!

Ste