[Liverpool] Any Ideas For Next Week?

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Thu Nov 1 18:34:03 UTC 2018

On 01/11/18 17:11, Dan Lynch via Liverpool wrote:
> On 01/11/2018 17:08, Sebastian Arcus via Liverpool wrote:
>>
>> On 01/11/18 09:38, Daniel via Liverpool wrote:
>>> Hi fellow luggers, Manchester here,
>>>

>>> Unfortunately won't be able to make it, will try sometime. What about
>>> cryptsetup with LUKS?
>>
>> Hello and welcome! Thank you for the suggestion. If there is enough
>> interest, I think I could manage a little intro to cryptsetup and LUKS
>> at some point. I'm no expert, but have been using it for years for the
>> system partition and to encrypt backup hard-drives. But maybe our
>> LUG'ers are already up on all that stuff? :-)
>>
> <SNIP>
>
> I could definitely do with learning more about this, sure many others
> could too. Are you up for doing this next week? I know you're a busy man
> but you don't ask you don't get. It's totally up to you :)

Next week would be fine - but I just realised there could be a niggle.
My experience of using cryptesetup is on Slackware (I know, that's a
surprise!) - so I don't have any knowledge of integrating LUKS with
things like GRUB or Systemd. That I think might limit the usefulness of
my presentation. But if there is enough demand regardless, I'm happy to
give the talk. Sorry :-)