[Malvern] Automatically mounting SMB filesystems on SUSE 9.1

Robin Wilson r.t.wilson at rmplc.co.uk
Fri Jul 16 16:00:36 BST 2004

Hi,

I have just installed SUSE 9.1 (thanks to the DVD that came from Novell) and
have managed to mount a drive from my windows PC by using the command
"smbmount \\\\ROBPC\\D \home\robin\D". This works, but only as root (I have
to su before I can do that command). How can I make this command
automatically run at startup (maybe the equilelent of the autoexec.bat file
in windows) so that it is always mounted? Also, can I mount it to somewhere
more logical like /mnt/d on winpc or summat like that.

Thanks

Robin